Random #1: Anxiety

Anxiety is the reason

I re-write a sentence a million times over; eventually abandoning my thoughts in favour of carefully managed silence; 

I jump from thought to thought; afraid to commit to one out of fear that it will bind me. 

I stare out at nothing, while every possibility, every fear, every hope flits through the open road of my subconsciouness, all at once in a chaotic sequence of order.

I shut down when asked how I really am; because how can I unleash the flood of emotion on an unsuspecting innocent? How can I ask them to take on a burden I have neglected? How can I demand more of them, than I am willing to give myself?

I can't believe in myself; why should I when there is always someone better than me, faster than me, smarter than me, more capable than me. Anxiety is the reason why I will never be enough, not even for myself. 

I find comfort in sameness, routine and predictability; Anxiety is the reason why the search for these things defines my life.

Anxiety is the reason

I never wrote all this in the first place. Because, why would anyone want to engage with me, when there are others who have expressed these feelings more eloquently. Any thing I might want to say, or do, would not add to the body of works chronicling the ontology of anxiety. In fact, I fear it may bloat the body. 

And so, I elect carefully managed silence. Because it is far easier than confronting the volume of anxiety. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mothers' Day

That time Zambia tried Space Travel

Quick Reflections : Alchemist